Data Integration Trends

Data Integration Trends

As organizations strive to synchronize and optimize their data operations management process, a notable trend is determining the right balance of batch data and API integrations. In my experience, batch data largely covers approximately 80% of data movement, and with higher processing speeds and faster data transfer, connectors cover the other 20% of API data sources.

The 80% Dominance of Batch Sources:

Most organizations rely on batch processing, which means they move data in big chunks, at set time intervals. Batch sources, such as ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, synchronize data from various systems and databases. This method is favored by many organizations because it’s easy to use, can handle lots of data types, and can scale up as needed. Batch sources are particularly effective when dealing with large volumes of data that can be processed in batches without imposing real-time constraints.

While the 80% prevalence of batch sources underscores their enduring popularity, it also reflects the historical reliance on traditional data integration methods. Many legacy systems are designed to support batch processing, and organizations have invested significantly in optimizing these processes for efficiency.

The Pivotal 20%: APIs as Catalysts for Real-time Integration:

In contrast to the majority, the 20% use of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) marks a shift towards more dynamic and real-time data integration tactics. APIs enable instant communication and data exchange between different systems, creating a direct and responsive link between various applications. API integrations come with several benefits, including flexibility, agility, and support for different data formats. As organizations embrace cloud solutions and more flexible technologies, APIs have become powerful tools for smooth data exchange between applications, platforms, and services. The 20% adoption rate of APIs shows that more people are recognizing their ability to boost operational efficiency and support agile decision-making.

Striking the Right Balance: The optimal approach to data integration adoption relies on finding the right balance between batch sources and APIs. Organizations must assess their specific needs, considering factors such as data volume, real-time requirements, and the nature of their systems.

Integrating batch processing for large-scale data synchronization and leveraging APIs for real-time interactions can create a harmonious and responsive data ecosystem. The key lies in adopting a hybrid approach that maximizes the strengths of both methods, ensuring that data integration strategies align with the organization’s goals and evolving technological landscape.

BettrData.io is an easy-to-use data operations solution. We use AI and machine learning to transform, enhance and validate data.

Other blog posts

How Can BettrData.io Help Handle Regulatory Data Shifts?
Eliminating Data Chaos
Scroll to Top